Monday, July 12, 2010

Halion and Pursuit of Justice

So,

We were working on 25-man Halion last night.  I am the Twilight realm tank.  Which, means I do LOLPROTDPS in phase one.  Ah well, such is the life of a tank.

In phase two and three, I tank Halion in the Twilight realm.  Now, the strategy we have settled on is as follows . . . I take the portal, aggro Halion, turn him 90 degrees so he is not facing the portal, and then watch for the orbs circling the room.    Meanwhile, the rest of the raid all group up on Halion's left rear leg.  Now comes the fun part.  I hit the "/" key on the num pad to switch from running to walking.  Then, once I see the orb just to the right of my toon's right shoulder, I start strafing left.  Now walking speed on your toon is the exact same speed as the orbs' travel speed around the edge of the circle.  So, once you have the orb in the correct position, then you just strafe left for the rest of the encounter.

Now this is a perfect example of the need for one of the skills I brought up in my Tanking 101 article.  Being able to perform your threat rotation while moving.

But I have encountered a problem with this strat.  And the problem stems from one talent that is only available to Paladins.  Pursuit of Justice.  Now, there have been countless times through out this expansion that I have been very happy that I specced into Pursuit of Justice.  However, on this fight, it screws with me.  Since my movement speed is 15% faster than normal, my walking speed moves 15% faster than the orbs move.  So the big question is . . . do I just suck it up and deal with having to adjust on the fly (what I did last night) or do I spec out of Pursuit of Justice and replace it with 2% more crit?  

Decisions, decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment