Friday, March 11, 2011

New beginnings

I have a new pet project.

Empyreal Fray currently only raids on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday nights.  On the other nights, the guild is sort of a ghost town as people are either doing other real life things, or have decided to play Rift on our off nights.

I am intrigued by Rift, but personally, I don’t need another subscription to another game right now.

So, what to do?

I started wracking my brain, trying to decide what to do with my Wednesdays and Thursdays.  I started weighing my options and came up with the following:

1.       I could go back to LoTRO.  They have gone free-to-play, so no financial commitment needed there.

2.       I could try out Champions Online, as they have also gone free-to-play.

For those of you that don’t know, I played a bit of LoTRO before.  I had a sub, I bought expansions, and it was a really good game.  But somehow, for me at least, it didn’t measure up to WoW.  So I decided against going back.

Champions Online I downloaded and played through the first ten levels or so.  I quickly decided that I did not like it.  The graphics and sound reminded me too much of City of Heroes (which makes sense since the games are made by the same company).  And the gameplay just didn’t jive with what I wanted.   On a side note, I think Champions Online is the first MMO I have ever played where I believe you have way too many appearance choices when it comes to character creation. 

So those two choices didn’t fly.

I have a druid alt that I have already leveled to 85.  And a warrior one that is lvl 85 as well.  I have a priest that is lvl 83.  Hey, I could finished him off!

Nah . . . I think I am done with the 80-85 grind for a little while.

No character has ever engaged me as much as my paladin, hence, why Gathorc is, and has been since 2006, my main.  But, my first characters I played in WoW, were Horde.  I have a lvl 44 Undead Rogue that I haven’t played since sometime in 2005.  So, that got me to thinking how the story line has progressed on the Horde side.  Then it hit me.  Create a Bloodelf paladin on a different server and level him up from lvl 1!  And just to make it interesting, I’m gonna stick with the default UI (at least for now).

So that is what I am going to do.  See how the other hold lives.  I hear Orgrimmar is really pleasant this time of year.

With all of that in mind, I would like to introduce . . . Khur.

Now, before anyone makes any comment on the name, “No, I did not ‘steal’ it from Khor, of Retributionpaladins.com”.  It came up in the random name generator and I had gotten to level 9 before I noticed the similarity.

No heirloom gear.  No loans of gold from a main with tons of money.  No friends to speak of. No fancy shmancy UI.

Just a lowly lvl 1 paladin learning how to make his way in the World . . . of Warcraft.  LOL

 

No comments:

Post a Comment