Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Oops, did I forget to mention that I was nerfing you?

So,
I started the day today, just like any other.  Get up.  Go to work.  Start perusing blogs and informational sites about WoW.  Nothing special (well, except the new OOTS today).  Nothing out of the ordinary.
That is, until I come to my daily reading of MMOChampion, where I am greeted with this (Source):

Paladin Bug Fixes
  • Crusader Strike, Holy Shock, and Hammer of the Righteous no longer incorrectly grant Holy Power on a miss

Now, this doesn't sound like much, but it is a real kick in the junk to the feel of playing a paladin.  For a Ret, it is not a huge deal, they should be hit capped anyway (or at least really close).  For a Holy paladin, this is not a huge deal, because more often than not, they are using Holy Shock on a friendly player, so they can't miss.  But for a Protection Paladin, this makes our rotation even more clunky than it was already.  The one thing we could count on before was the "pulse" of our rotation.  That every 9 seconds, we could ShotR, WoG, or Inquis.
The worst part is, I (and many other paladins in the community) can remember that Ghostcrawler himself made the change during Beta to allow our Crusader Strike and Hammer of the Righteous to generate Holy Power regardless of if it hit or missed.  He felt, then, that the protection rotation didn't feel right, and needed be stabilized a little bit.
There are many other blogs and forums that are exploding over this situation.  It is not really the change that has us up in arms, so much as the way it was labelled at a "Bug Fix", even though it was an intentional change in Beta.
Oh well...I have played my paladin through all of the ups and downs of this game for over 6 years, but it may be time to finish leveling my Warrior.
We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment