Thursday, August 4, 2011

PVP, shadow style

I've never been a huge PVP'er in this game.  

I think that goes back to my early days in WoW levelling in STV on a PVP server.  Getting ganked by lvl 60 players while you are lvl 35-40 sucks.  What sucks more though, is that same lvl 60 character corpse camping you.  They are not even getting any HKs out of the deal.  You know they are just doing it to be a dick.  So, that may have soured me to PVP quite a bit, because I subconciously have always associated participating in PVP with being a dick.

Until now.

PVP'ing on my priest is a blast.  I'm not quite sure how I have missed the boat on melting faces with a shadow priest until now, but man is it fun.  

I may be late to this party, but I am hooked.

Considering that fact that priests wear cloth, I have amazing survivability, and the damage output is just mindboggling at times.  If I can get off three Mind Spikes, then you are toast.  Plain and simple.  Because those three Mind Spikes with be followed up with three instant cast nukes.  And, if you don't give me the time and space required to get off those three Mind Spikes, then I will just dot you up and keep you off of me by other means.

The classes I have the most trouble with are Frost mages (mostly because of their stupid pets) and Rogues (the good ones who keep me stunned).  But even against them, I have a 50-50 chance.

Now, I know I have a LONG way to go before I am actually good in PVP, but at least I am having fun while learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment