Monday, August 2, 2010

Here is my build....

So, messing around with the Talent Calc from wowhead, I decided to try to build up a raid tanking spec.  

**Yes, I know these trees are not final, and are subject to change**

Based on previous Blizzard comments, I assume that Cataclysm will treat tanks much more like ICC than any of the other raids in Lich King.  Meaning...tanks will face slower, trickle-down deaths, as opposed to burst death.  So with that in mind, here is the build I came up with:

http://cata.wowhead.com/talent#scbbZcrhfRrRRGo

It is a 7/34/0 build.  Some notes:

  • 2/2 Guarded by the Light (5th tier Prot tree) to create self shields to help supplement the healers trying to keep us up
  • 3/3 Divinity (1st tier Holy tree) to help boost incoming healing as much as possible
  • 2/2 Last Word (2nd tier Holy tree) to make most (if not all) of our Word of Glory's crit, which by extention, will increase the size of the shield we create on ourselves through Guarded by the Light

Obviously, this is a max-mitigation spec, and it (or something like it) will be the spec I roll into Cataclysm with.  Once I feel like I am not squishy, then I might change my spec for more threat (like Crusade 1st tier Ret tree).

No comments:

Post a Comment