Friday, April 30, 2010

Holy Paladin!

So . . .

Attendance issues are slowing killing our raid progress, and by extension the morale of the guild in general. It makes me sad. I have been with Nerd Rage since May 2009, and I have come to like quite a few of my fellow guild mates. Two weeks ago, we downed Sindragosa on 25 and took our first look at Lich King 25. Morale was at an all time high.

I knew that we were at least a couple of weeks away from a LK kill, but I was also confident that we would get that kill. The one I have been waiting this whole expansion for. To finally get a chance to take down the Lich King is something that I have waited for since Warcraft III.

What has changed since then? People stopped showing up. We went from having 30+ people online on Tuesday nights to having 13-14 people online. All 25 man raids have stopped for lack of bodies. It seems people have taken their “pre-expansion” breaks before we were even done with this one. I don’t understand this personally. I can’t stand to leave a job unfinished.

So last night was another no-show raid night. 13 people online at “pull” time. So, since I had cleared my schedule for raid night, and no raid was happening, I thought I would respec my second spec as Holy, and try a pug as a healer. This would mark the first time I seriously healed on my paladin since WotLK launched. My holy gear is a mishmash of ilvl 200-264 pieces that I have picked up on offspec rolls when no one else wanted them throughout this expansion. So I queue up for my first healing duty in WotLK, and what heroic do I get . . . Halls of Reflection. I immediately think, “oh shit”.

Surprisingly, it went pretty well. There were ZERO deaths throughout the entire run. I figured out that I didn’t even have all of my abilities key bound when I tried to cleanse someone, and couldn’t find the button. Then, during one really intense moment, I tried to drop a Lay on Hands to the tank, and couldn’t find that either. Good times! Regardless, we got through the entire instance without a single death. I credit the other four people in my party for this, because, I was certainly not up to form for Halls of Reflection.

No comments:

Post a Comment